Monday, July 18, 2016

Miracles, Mercy and Love

There is so much to say! Sorry if this is scattered, but I'm taking a break from packing my personal items to type this because I feel prompted to.


Thank you so much for those of you who have been praying already. God is doing great things!

One of us had a sinus infection that wasn't going away or being diagnosed properly, that is now being treated and is on the mend.

There had been a call out to the Canby community via Facebook for baby clothes for the baby home in Gaba and clothes for the orphans at Bethany Village. We were overwhelmed with too much of both items. We spent a whole evening packing as much of both into as many extra suitcases as we could. 1300 lbs worth in total! And we still had more!! The rest of the donations were taken to The Center to be used for local needs. I felt like Peter casting his net on the right side of the boat. We are so happy to be able to bless these two ministries on the other side of the planet and have enough for helping more people.

I had heard of a need back in January that Hope House, a safe house for preteen and teen girls to live, needed some books. In God's timing, just before we packed, the woman in charge got back to me about it with details. I was inspired to collect some of my favorites from when I was growing up. God supplied most of them for free from our local Kiwanis Thrift Store and there were also a few donations to buy the others I wanted to get, including some really nice Bibles.


Yesterday, I was reminded in the middle of church service about God's mercy. The topic of the sermon was about how God has declared all people's of the world as His children.

    Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.






I know so many Christians, who when faced with so much evil in the world, say "Oh, Lord Jesus, come soon." 
Of course I want the evil to end and justice to be done. I can't wait to see His face and be in his presence. But I am reminded of the study of Revelations in Bible Study Fellowship this past year. We learned that God stays his hand out of mercy and love. He is waiting till the absolute last second He can, with outstretched hands to help those who will call on Him and accept His mercy. His delay from the wrath that sin deserves is for our benefit. He wants your heart now and He will only give you so many chances to come to Him before Jesus's return must be fulfilled. YET EVEN THEN He gives people the chance to claim Him as their Lord by showing only a fraction of His anger against sin. 
Don't wait till the last opportunity, people! Accept His love and forgiveness now. Forgiveness is a process to be worked through. Faith takes time to grow. 

Acts 10:34-35

34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. 

In the end we all know, that this will be the full outcome. All it takes is one choice. Choose God!

Romans 14:11 [Full Chapter]
It is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’ ”

I probably won't post more until after we have left, unless God leads me to again, so until then.

Your Sister in Christ,
Danelle





No comments:

Post a Comment